The First 5 Shasta Commission is comprised of seven Commissioners and a staff that carries out the Commission’s work. Commissioners are appointed by the Shasta County Board of Supervisors and include representatives from the Board of Supervisors, Shasta County Health and Human Services departments, and individuals who have knowledge and expertise about serving young children and families. The Commission meets monthly and Commissioners serve three-year terms and can be re-appointed by the Board of Supervisors. All meetings observe the Ralph M. Brown Act and members of the public are welcome to attend. Next Commission Meeting: See meeting schedule.
- Cindy Vogt, Chair, California Heritage Youth Build Academy
- Joe Ayer, BloodSource
- Andrew W. Deckert, M.D., M.P.H, Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency, Public Health
- Judie Englesby-Smith, Community Member
- Donnell Ewert, Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency
- Steve Morgan, Shasta County Board of Supervisors
- Erin Salazar, Turtle Bay Elementary School