The First 5 Shasta Commission is comprised of seven Commissioners and a staff responsible for carrying out the work of the Commission. Commissioners are appointed by the Shasta County Board of Supervisors and include representatives from the Board of Supervisors, Shasta County Health and Human Services departments, and individuals with knowledge and expertise regarding decision-making and serving young children and families.
The Commission meets monthly. Commissioners serve three-year terms and may be re-appointed by the Board of Supervisors. All meetings observe the Ralph M. Brown Act and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Next Commission Meeting: See meeting schedule.
- Cindy Vogt, Chair, California Heritage Youth Build Academy
- Joe Ayer, BloodSource
- Andrew W. Deckert, M.D., M.P.H, Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency, Public Health
- Judie Englesby-Smith, Community Member
- Donnell Ewert, Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency
- Steve Morgan, Shasta County Board of Supervisors
- Erin Salazar, Turtle Bay Elementary School
Additional representatives to be determined